RYA First Aid
BH Marine offers a great First Aid course, our instructors are very highly qualified and with oceans of experience.
Our style is fun and informal whilst covering the syllabus in detail.
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day RYA First Aid course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF’s regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
The subjects specific to boating include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
For accommodation locally please view https://www.bhmarine.co.uk/accommodation/